Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Toilet Paper

Yes, I'm writing a blog post about toilet paper. I've never really thought about toilet paper before, but that was before I moved to Cairo. In Cairo, you must always be aware of toilet paper. It's a hot commodity in Egypt this thing called toilet paper. When we visited the pyramids, it cost a pound to get into the bathroom and then there were women standing around holding toilet paper for you to use.
You could get the toilet paper for free, no problem, but the general idea is to tip the lady giving you the toilet paper. Kind of like in the states when you go to the fancy restrooms and they have the perfumes and colognes and even cigarettes for "free."

Here, you quickly get into the habit of looking for toilet paper every time you go into a restroom. When I see paper towel dispensers now, my first thought it, "Oh, look who's fancy now! Providing limitless paper towels to anybody who walks in!"

So, yes, toilet paper. I just had a discussion about toilet paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment