Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Top Ten Things I'll Miss About My Time in Egypt

I think it's just going to be too painful to try to rewind through the last few months of my time in Egypt, so I'll do the "cop out" and compile a list!

#10: No rain. No humidity. No worries about weather at all.
#9: Shisha!!! Any time, any where.
#8: Sitting with friends at Ace Club and everyone has a different accent. I love accents.
#7: My Hash House Harrier friends. Nothing like almost dying in the desert then spending the next few hours drinking beer with crazy folks from around the world.
#6: All of my awesome, fun-loving, crazy rugby friends. My heart hurts thinking I won't see some of them again.
#5: Always a holiday feel in Cairo. It's one of the perks of being an expat. I was practically reliving college level partying those last 3 months. Going on and on and on with 3 hours of sleep, at most, a night. I can definitely say Cairo was never boring!!
#4: Cyprus with good friends. I went cliff diving, bought excellent homemade wine from the cutest village ever, and spent a day at the most gorgeous beach I've been to so far.
#3: My Safari experience. Life changing.
#2: Sitting with my Egyptian friends as they speak Arabic and soaking it all in. Pure relaxation.
#1: My habyby, who taught me that even a short relationship with someone from a completely different world, culture, and religion, that you know will not last, can change your life.


Bittersweet.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment