Monday, April 8, 2013

Cairo...alone!

Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since Chloe went back home to finish the school year in Palestine. Of course, it's been a bittersweet couple of weeks. I enjoy the quiet, of course, but it's just so...quiet.

She went back home on Thursday, March 28th and I went camping in the desert that Friday morning so I wouldn't have to sit around crying. (I did a lot of that at the airport and the next day). So, this weekend was the first official weekend alone in the apartment. It felt just a tad bit "off." But I have been enjoying being able to come and go when I want.

The desert trip was amazing. I've never slept outside with just a sleeping bag, much less in the desert. During a sandstorm! And there were desert foxes that raided our campsite as well. Good times. It was nice to be able to just go with the flow and not feel the need to rush around constantly.

Some pics:





 

No comments:

Post a Comment